Saturday, February 28, 2009

Introduction

On Saturday February 28, 2009 we had a Harry Potter birthday party for 16 children to celebrate our daughter's 8th birthday. While it started out like planning for any other birthday party it quickly began to take on a life of it's own. With the Christmas holiday right before we hadn't given a lot of thought to her party until we made the decision to go forward with it a few weeks into January. The following weeks were consumed with little else due to the limited time before the party. I found the Internet to be hugely helpful and so, by putting this blog together, I am hoping to share our ideas and experience with other party planners, amuse a few Harry Potter fans as well as share some of the photos with friends and family. I hope you enjoy it.

I tried to divide things up into sections. You can quickly navigate to the sections you are interested in by clicking on the links in the archives to the right. Not all posts display at once on the main page.

You may or may not be interested to know how we got to this point. If you are, see this blog entry about how it all began: http://myharrypotterparty.blogspot.com/2009/03/how-it-all-began.html

I also want to thank my friend Janet. You led the way before me and many of your decorations added the finishing touches that made this party so special. I can't thank you enough. (For more about Janet see this post: http://myharrypotterparty.blogspot.com/2009/03/my-friend-janet.html )

If you are planning a party of your own. Good luck! I hope you don't get as carried away as we did.

4 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing this! I'm trying to plan a harry potter party and your blog is so helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an amazing party! i am in the midst of planning a Harry Potter party for my 8 year old son and discovered your blog. any chance you would be willing to share some of your computer labes?
    thanks
    dr. jenn
    jgruen@optonline.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi :)

    I also just joined the wonderful world of HP blogging :)

    Follower :)

    http://quickquotesquills.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete